Wednesday, March 30, 2011

delving into the art of organization (without destroying the budget)


I don’t know why it is, but I am always one step behind the clutter.  I have the best of intentions, yet a Pottery Barn-esque playroom and Martha Stewart closets eludes me.  Realistically, I will never have magazine-perfect anything.  I just want to know where things are when I need them.  Oh yeah, and clutter-free counters would be an amazing bonus.
 
My quest began when a couple of friends and I started a small business, the j.a.r. collection.*  Our initial product line was founded on modern fabrics stretched across specially-made frames to create wall art. 
 

 The response to our wall art has been wonderful (thank you Etsy!), but we wanted to expand our shop’s offerings. 

We decided to apply our creative process to produce organizational products with a modern flair.  So far we have:
 
 added some “hip” to the average coat hanger;

 
  
  designed a jewelry organizer that is fashionable AND functional; and
 

 launched a piece that turns a little girl’s tangle of clips and bows into working art.


Our goal: to meld art and organization for the home, for kids’ rooms, and mostly for everyday living.

Going forward, this blog will highlight some of the j.a.r. collection’s products, when applicable, but its focus is to share organizational ideas and tips to free-up some of your time and budget.  Clutter free counter tops are just the icing on the cake.

Signing off from my cluttered, but someday-will-be organized desk,

Kristin, the ‘j.’ in the j.a.r. collection

P.S. If you have ideas you would like to share, suggestions ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! 

*The company name is a combination of the first letters of our maiden names and is not a reference to a vessel for holding things… understandably; we get this question a lot.

3 comments:

  1. A very stylish blog and a very colorful beginning! Good luck!
    You are welcome to visit me at http://blog.kanelstrand.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice ideas! i'll drop by your etsy shop in a while :)

    ReplyDelete